Mac & PC users:
There are two ways to join a live webinar:
- Clicking the meeting/webinar URL and joining via your web browser:
If your default browser does not seem to manage to launch the meeting room, copy the meeting URL and open an alternate browser. Paste the meeting URL in this other browser and hit enter. Changing browser often solves the problem. If not, consider option 2 below.
- Using the Adobe Connect desktop application
Live webinars can also be accessed through the can also Adobe Connect desktop application which can be downloaded here:
- For Windows: http://www.adobe.com/go/Connectsetup
After downloading and installing the desktop/software version of Adobe Connect, open the Adobe Connect software on your PC or Mac like you would open any software. When prompted, copy and paste the full meeting URL. It will look somthing like https://fws.adobeconnect.com/meetingname
Tablet & Smart Phone users:
Go to your phone's App store and download the free "Adobe Connect Mobile" app.
Launch the app and enter the full meeting URL. It will look somthing like https://fws.adobeconnect.com/meetingname
E-learning Modules & Quizzes
Sometimes, students go straight to ProctorU.com to schedule a WSG exam. If doing so, you will NOT find the exam you are trying to schedule. Please follow these steps to schedule your exam:
- Log into your WSG account from our website
- Go to ACCOUNT main menu, MY ONLINE COURSES & EXAMS
- Click on the link that corresponds to your exam
- Read instructions carefully at Step 1
- Click on the link ‘CLICK HERE to Schedule Your Exam at Step 2
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Students often report being blocked on a quiz question and unable to proceed to the next. There are generally two possible reasons:
- Drag and drop questions:
Some students are simply confused by drag and drop questions and don't know what to do... Simply drag each right-side element against the corresponding left side element. Once all right-side elements are leaning against a left element, the quiz question can be submitted.
- "You must scroll to the bottom before submitting" prompt:
We have done our best to fix any quiz that might be promting the message above on some quiz questions. If you are still getting such a promt:
- Please report it with the quiz name and question number so we can fix the quiz
- If you see a scroll bar to the right of the answer options, please use your mouse to scroll this bar all the way down and then you should be able to submit.
Also note that this behaviour generally only appears when e-learning modules and/or quizzes are being played in their HTML5 vs Flash version. The HTML5 version, initially developped by e-learning software companies as a solution to many smart phones and tablets not accepting Flash. Unfortunately, at this stage, the HTML5 version is not as stable as the Flash version of the modules/quizzes.
To ensure the best experience, follow the steps in the "I want to play modules and quizzes in FLASH" Q&A question below.
I want to manage Forum subscription preferences or to unsubscribe and stop receiving email notifications (for online course portal Forums including Instructor Q&A and Student Forums). Subscription to some course forums is automatic on enrollment to the online course.
To manage your subscription, follow these steps:
- Go to your Account Icon on the top right hand side of the page when logged into your online course portal
- Click on the dropdown arrow and select ‘preferences’
- Select ‘forum preferences’
- Here you can choose how you receive notifications about forum posts and what you receive.
To completely stop receiving email notifications linked to a forum, either:
- Go to your online course and click on the forum from which you wish to Unsubscribe. Then scroll down your online course portal page and in the menu on the left hand side under ‘Administration’, click on ‘unsubscribe from this forum’.
- ‘Unsubcribe’ directly from the email itself. Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email. Please ensure you are logged into your WSG account on the same device when unsubscribing from an email.
The WSG website is sometimes analyzed as ‘unsafe’ by Norton antivirus because of the reference to ‘alcohol’. To enable our website in Norton please follow these steps:
- Exclude a URL or domain from the alert notification/being blocked.
- On the alert notification, click View Details.
- In the Security History - Advanced Details window, click Unblock URL.
- Exclude a URL or domain using your Norton
- Open your Norton Antivirus software.
- If you see the My Norton window, next to Device Security, click Open.
- In the Norton main window, click Settings.
- In the Settings window, click Firewall or Network.
- Click the Intrusion and Browser Protection tab.
- Under Intrusion Prevention, in the App URL Monitoring Exclusions row, click Configure.
- Click the Add button and enter the URL or the domain name that you want to exclude from monitoring.
- If you want to edit or remove a URL or domain, do the following:
- Select a URL or domain from the list and click the Edit button. Modify the URL or the domain name.
- Select a URL or domain that you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Instructions may slightly differ based on the version of Norton you are using.
- Try a different web browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
- If using Firefox and the module does not load, trying clicking in the module window.
- You may also try to place your cursor in the URL bar and hit several times Ctrl+F5 if on a PC or Cmd+R if on a Mac
- See a “Start a New Attempt” option above the “ENTER” button that launches the module? Check the box and hit the “ENTER” button.
- If the problem still persists, email